Windows 10 has disconnected from the network and the Internet and IP address conflict error – Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. This error means that two computers on the same local network are assigned the same IP address. And when this happens, both computers cannot connect to network resources or perform other network operations. If you also experience this error, here are some effective solutions to resolve the IP address conflict in Windows 10.
What is the IP address?
The IP address is a unique address that your computer receives when it connects to the network. This is the address and identification of the computer used to identify it between all other computers and network devices. For example: When you connect a computer, smartphone or other device to the LAN/Wi-Fi network, all devices are assigned a unique IP address. The main goal is to provide a critical method for approaching the network and its component. Often used to distinguish each device on the same network and also to communicate with each other.
However, if for some reason or due to misconfiguration, both network endpoints are assigned the same IP address, Windows will detect an IP address conflict. The terminals can be PCs, mobile devices or an individual network adapter.
IP address Conflict Window correction 10
Sometimes your router may not assign the correct IP address to your computer due to a temporary error. And it’s from a Windows bug that detected an IP address conflict. If this is the case, rebooting the modem router will solve the problem.
Setting the Network Adapter
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and then press OK.
- The Network Connections window opens.
- Right-click on the active network adapter and select Properties,
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Now select Get IP address automatically and Get DNS server address automatically.
- Click OK to save and apply the changes. Restart Windows now and make sure there are no other errors related to IP address conflicts.
TCP/IP configuration Reset
Here is another effective solution: resetting the TCP/IP configuration, releasing and refreshing the IP address and clearing the DNS cache will probably solve almost all network and Internet connection problems.
Find the command prompt, right-click and choose Run as Administrator.
Now execute the following command to reset the TCP/IP configuration on your PC.
- Resetting the Winsock Grid
- netsh int Reset IP c:restlog.txt
Now execute the following command to reset the network configuration.
- ip-configure / Activate
- ipconfig / update
- ipconfig /flushdns
Then restart the computer with Windows and check again for errors.
Troubleshooting the Network Adapter
Also, run the Network Adapter’s built-in diagnostic module, which automatically detects and corrects problems that prevent your PC from connecting to the network and the Internet.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings program,
- Click Update and Security, and then click Troubleshoot,
- Look to the right and select the network adapter,
- Press the Run the Troubleshooter button,
- Reboot Windows when the process is complete.
- See if this will help you.
In addition, some Windows users report that disabling IPV6 solves the IP conflict error for them. Follow the steps below to disable IPv6 on your PC.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and then press OK.
- Right-click on the active network adapter and select Properties.
- Search for Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and disable it.
- Click OK to apply and save the changes.
Restart Windows Make sure Windows has detected an IP address conflict on your Windows PC.
Update Network Adapter Driver
If none of the above solutions are right for you, it is time to find and update the drivers for your network card. If the Network Adapter drivers are damaged or incompatible with the current version of Windows, the Network Adapter may not function properly or may not function properly.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager,
- Expand the network adapter,
- Right-click on the installed driver for the network adapter and select Update driver,
- Select the option Check automatically for updated drivers.
- This checks and installs the latest network adapter driver, if available.
- Reboot Windows after the process is complete and make sure the IP address conflict in Windows 10 is resolved.
Have these solutions helped resolve the IP conflict discovered in Windows? Please let us know via the remarks below, also to be read:
reports this message.
what causes an ip address conflict?,ip address conflict message windows 7,ip address conflict windows event log,ip conflict scanner,release and renew your ip address,ip address conflict mac,windows 7 ip conflict error,windows 7 duplicate ip address problem,windows 10 duplicate ip,xfinity ip address conflict,virus ip address conflict,how to check ip conflict in cmd,how to fix ip address,ip conflict detected asus router,reset ethernet ip,my ethernet ip address,doesn t have a valid ip configuration,spectrum invalid ip configuration,router program,what is windows system event log ip conflict,ipv6 address conflict detection,ipv6 conflict,duplicate ip address detected in the net,how to find ip conflict on network,windows has detected an ip address conflict hacker,how to fix ip address conflict windows 7,windows has detected an ip address conflict reddit,how do i fix an ip address conflict?,windows has detected an ip address conflict vpn,another computer on this network has the same ip address as this computer windows 7