Windows 10 is designed to encourage users to log in with a Microsoft account for maximum convenience. However, it is not mandatory to log in to Windows 10 with a Microsoft account. You can use your local account to login to Windows 10.
This tutorial shows you how to remove an unwanted Microsoft account from your Windows 10 laptop or desktop so that you can log in with a local or other Microsoft account.
Before we get started, we need to know that all Windows 10 computers require at least one user account, either a local account or a Microsoft account, so that users can log in. For example, before you can delete an unwanted Microsoft account on your Windows 10 computer, you must create a local account or create a new Microsoft account so that you can sign in and delete the Microsoft account you no longer need.
So, the correct order to delete a Microsoft account:
- We first need to create a local account or a new Microsoft account.
- Then let’s log on to Windows 10 using the local account or the Microsoft account we just created.
- Only then can we proceed to delete the unwanted Microsoft account.
This tutorial is divided into three parts:
Deleting a Microsoft account from Windows 10
If you have not yet created a local account or a Microsoft account that you can use to log in to your PC, please refer to the second part of this manual. You will need a new user account before you can delete the old Microsoft account that you no longer need. Come back when you’ve done that.
If you already have a local or other Microsoft account and are ready to log in to your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps to delete the Microsoft account you no longer need in Windows 10.
- First, you need to sign in to Windows 10 using the local account you just created or any other Microsoft account you want to use.
- Then look up netplwiz and open it from the Start menu.
- In the User Accounts window, select the Microsoft account you want to delete, and click Remove if highlighted.
- If a warning window appears stating that the Microsoft account is no longer authorized to use this computer, click Yes to confirm the deletion.
That’s it! You have successfully deleted an unwanted Microsoft account from Windows 10. You can now continue to use your local account or a new Microsoft account to login to your Windows 10 computer.
How to create a local account in Windows 10
To create a local user account with or without a password
- Search the start menu and open netplwiz.how to open a netplwiz user account Windows Control Panel 10 How to open a netplwiz user account Windows Control Panel 10
- In the User Account Manager window, click Add.
- When asked how to login, click the Sign in without a Microsoft account link at the bottom of the window.
- Click on Local account on the next screen.
- When you are asked for your new username and password, you have two options.
- If you don’t need a password for your local account, leave the password fields empty and click Next.
- If you want to set a password for your local account, just fill in all the fields and click Next.
- Click Finish and your new local account will be created and appear in the list of user accounts. .
Now that you have successfully created your new local account, you can return to the first part of this guide to continue removing the unwanted Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC.
If you want to change the local account to an administrator account, please refer to this manual: To create a local administrator account without a password in Windows 10.
To login to Windows 10 with another Microsoft account
To login to Windows 10 with another Microsoft account, follow these steps.
- Call up the start menu. Search and open netplwiz.
- In the User Accounts window, click Add.
- So you have two choices:
- If you already have a Microsoft account (@outlook.com or @hotmail.com), enter the email address of your account and click Next. Then click Finish to add the Microsoft account to the list of user accounts.
- If you want to register a new Microsoft account instead, click the Register new email address link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation or create a new Microsoft account. .
Once you have completed the above steps, the newly registered account will appear in the list of user accounts that you can use in the future to login to Windows 10.
You can now return to the first part of this manual to continue deleting an unwanted Microsoft account in Windows 10.
Description to share : Do you want to remove your Microsoft account from Windows 10 so you can sign in with a local or other Microsoft account? Here’s how.
delete administrator account windows 10,unlink microsoft account from windows,remove microsoft account from device,microsoft pick an account remove,can't remove email account from windows 10,how to change the microsoft account in laptop,windows 10 remove account button missing,windows 10 can t delete account,patch for start menu issues windows 10,surface disk space keeps filling up,remove microsoft sign in windows 10,unlink microsoft account from windows 10,sign computer out of microsoft account,remove accounts used by other apps,remove microsoft work account from windows 10,how to remove email sign in from windows 10,remove an account connected to windows,remove windows live login,remove office 365 from windows 10,opt out of microsoft account,windows 10 forces microsoft account,how to unsync microsoft account,sign in with a microsoft account instead,how to change microsoft edge account,remove account from windows 10 pc,sign in with a local account instead missing,how to switch microsoft accounts on laptop,how to delete microsoft store account,how to delete windows account on laptop,how to delete a locked microsoft account,remove microsoft account from windows 10 (2020),how to remove microsoft account from windows 10 login screen,how to remove microsoft account from administrator in windows 10,can't remove microsoft account from windows 10,remove microsoft account from windows 10 without password,remove microsoft email account from windows 10