RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Many people have dual-boot computers with Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows installed together. Unless you use a virtual box, you cannot run one system on top of the other and you can only use one operating system at a time. For example, if you want to move a large number of files from one operating system to another, you can use a shared partition.
The shared partition works as a shared partition between Windows and Linux environments, and you can access this partition from both operating systems. But how do you create this partition on a computer with two operating systems? We’ll come back to this in this article.
To transfer files from Ubuntu to Windows 10
- Go to DiskInternals Linux Reader from the official download page.
- When the download is complete, double-click on the downloaded file to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, open the application using the desktop shortcut or by searching for DiskInternals in the Windows menu.
- The application does not integrate with Windows Explorer, but opens a separate interface that allows you to communicate with different partitions on your hard drive.
- You will see all available partitions at the top of the Disks section, from which you can select the partition that contains the files you want by double clicking on it.
- The application offers z. B. a preview at the bottom of each file clicked. For example, an image, text or source code. This is a useful feature before you decide on a transfer. It also has a built-in media player for viewing audio and video files.
- You can also view the file in a separate window. Right click on the file and select Preview in a new window.
- To transfer the file, right-click the file and select Save.
- On the next page, select Save files and click Next.
- Click Browse to specify the path where you want to save the file and then click OK after specifying the location.
- On the recovered files list screen, click Next and then click Next again. The file is then successfully saved to the selected location in Windows 10.
January 2021 updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from getting into trouble:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause problems with the PC.
- Step 3 : Click the Restore All button to solve all problems.
Shared network folders.
This is the simplest method of all. With this method, we share all folders visible on the Windows computer on the Ubuntu computer.
Step one. On a Windows computer, right-click the network connection icon in the lower right-hand corner of the taskbar.
Step two. Select Open Network and Internet Settings.
Step three. Then select the sub-options.
Step four. Now select the following options in the current network profile :
Allow the discovery of the network.
Enable file and printer sharing.
Don’t forget to save your changes.
Step five. Now open the explorer and navigate to the folder you want to share. Right-click on the folder and select Properties.
Step six. When the folder’s properties are open, select the Sharing tab. Also click on the Advanced Share button.
Step seven. Check the Share this folder box.
You cannot boot the / home directory from a FAT32 or NTFS partition. Your configuration files and scripts should therefore remain there. You can redirect other commonly used folders such as documents, downloads, music, etc. to another partition that Windows can read. You can then add these folders to your Windows 7 libraries and mark them as your default location.
This is not an appropriate solution. The configuration files of your program and other user settings are located in different places in this configuration. If you need to reinstall one of the operating systems, you will need to make a separate backup of the user settings. This means that most people are only interested in their documents, music, videos, etc., and not in the other things they do. D. This solves this problem by letting both operating systems know that they are searching in the same place.
Linux has come a long way in reading and writing NTFS. Because it is much better than the FAT32 and more complicated to set up, we will talk about it in this guide.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware recovery. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification for network design and troubleshooting.
ext2explore,ext2fsd,how to transfer files from windows 10 to linux,shared partition between ubuntu and windows 10,how to copy files from ubuntu to windows partition,how to access ubuntu files from windows 10 dual boot,transfer files to windows from linux,how to get files across a dual boot – windows and ubuntu