2.2. Just transfer it to the old computer.
– On a Windows 7 computer, run Windows Easy Transfer.
– Find Windows Easy Transfer in the search bar and open it.
Run a scan of the PC with the Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files are replaced with new Windows files and components.
Disclaimer : You’ll have to switch to a paid plan to help.
– The Easy Transfer welcome screen shows all the data being transferred to your new system.
– Click on Next.
– Select the Network option for What do you want to use to transfer items to your new computer? This option allows data to be transferred between the new and old PC via the network.
– However, to upgrade a Windows 7 PC to Windows 10, select the External Hard Drive or USB Flash Drive option and follow the on-screen instructions.
– Click on This is my old computer.
– In the next window you will see the Windows Easy Transfer key. Make a note of the key and keep it in a safe place, you will need it on your new computer.
2.3. Start Easy Transfer on the new computer
- Now, on your new Windows 10 computer, connect the USB drive on which the migwiz folder was moved.
- Move the Migwiz folder to your computer’s hard drive.
- Open the Migwiz folder and double click the Migwiz.exe file.
- Click Next and select This is my new PC.
- Select My old computer is running Windows 7.
- Click on Next.
- You will then be asked to enter the Windows Easy Transfer Key.
- Enter the key and click Next.
- Make sure both systems are connected to the same network before starting the transfer.
- It scans your Windows 7 system for files. You can configure which data is transferred and which data is excluded if you wish.
- Click the Transfer button to start the process.
- This can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the size of the data.
3. Using the backup and restore function
To use the backup and restore function, you must have an external storage device. To transfer files, proceed as follows
- Open the control panel. Go to System and Security > Backup and Recovery.
- Now select Backup Configuration.
- Connect the external storage device and select Update.
- Under Backup Destination, select the storage device and choose Next.
- Select Allow selection and click Next.
- Go to Computer and select the folders you want to backup. Remember that all files in your Documents, Music, Photos and Videos are automatically backed up.
- Clear the Enable disk image check box and click Next.
- Select a change calendar. Uncheck the option Perform scheduled backups and click OK.
- Now click on Save Settings and make the backup.
- When the backup is complete, remove the external drive.
To recover the files, please follow these steps
- Connect the external drive you used in the previous chapter to your Windows 10 PC.
- Now go to the Settings > Updates and Security application.
- Choose Backup in the left menu. Now select Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- Choose another backup to restore the files.
- Select the backup you made in Windows 7 and click Next.
- Now select Select all files from this backup and click Next.
- The files are now saved in their original location. If you want to change this, you can choose To next location and set the location manually.
- Click on the Recover button to start the recovery process.
4. Use of 1Drive
If you have a fast network connection and don’t want to worry about external storage, OneDrive might be the most convenient way to transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Please follow the steps below:
- Download and install OneDrive on Windows 7.
- Launch the application and sign in with your Microsoft account. Use the same account as in Windows 10.
- Once OneDrive is open, go to the Backup tab and click on Manage Backup.
- Select the folders you want to back up and click Start Backup. If a particular folder is not available, select it in the file explorer and drag it to the OneDrive window.
- Folders are automatically uploaded to the cloud. Note that this process can take some time, depending on the size of the files and their download speed.
Now switch to your Windows 10 PC, log into OneDrive with the same Microsoft account, and your files should be there. Just copy it to your computer and that’s it.
Pay attention: While this method is fairly simple, it can be slow, especially if you are using a slow download speed connection.
Moreover, the capacity of OneDrive is limited to 5 GB. So, if you have more data, you need to transfer it in batches or buy additional storage space on OneDrive.
It should be – try one of the solutions listed here and let us know the results.
If you don’t know any other ways to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10, please share your knowledge and experience in the Comments section below.
Do you still have a problem? Repair them with this tool:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware failure, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Solve PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this highly rated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click on the Start Scanning button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing problems with the PC.
- Click Restore All to fix issues related to proprietary technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comment : This article was originally published in August 2019 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
windows 10 easy transfer wizard, windows 7 to windows 10 migration guide, windows 10 transfer license to new pc, data from windows 7 to 10, transfer programs to new computer windows 10, how to move everything from windows 7 to 10, laplink pcmover software, sync windows 7 and windows 10, belkin easy transfer cable windows 7 to 10, windows easy transfer windows xp to windows 7, windows 7 pc cannot connect to windows 10 pc, windows easy transfer win10, transfer windows 7 profile to windows 10, windows easy transfer key, windows transfer cable, pcmover express, laplink pcmover review, zinstall winwin, windows 7 transfer software, run zinstall winwin, zinstall loader, www zinstall com download, transfer cable, pcmover reviews, notebook transferability, windows 10 send file, windows easy transfer for windows xp, windows easy transfer windows 7, windows easy transfer windows 10, migwiz download, pcmover express windows 10, easy transfer free download, access windows 7 share from windows 10, windows 10 to windows 7 sharing problem, sharing problem in windows 7, windows 7 windows 10 share, networking between windows 8 and 10, windows easy transfer windows 7 to windows 10, transfer programs from windows 7 to windows 10, transfer files from windows 7 to windows 10 over network, transfer files from windows 7 to windows 10 using ethernet cable, how do i transfer everything from my old computer to my new computer?, how to transfer files from old pc to new pc windows 10