RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
The correct procedure is to uninstall Avast from the Programs and Features window. This will launch the Avast uninstaller, which will continue the uninstall. However, uninstalling a virus scanner is not as easy as uninstalling another application. Antivirus files are protected by digital signatures that can only be processed by a trusted installer (in this case Avast). During the uninstallation process, you must provide signatures to complete the uninstallation process.
Avast will install a fake operating system to complete the removal. After that, the user is required to restart the computer in secure mode. Since Avast was the last operating system installed, it becomes the default operating system. When you restart your computer, the Avast operating system starts and Windows opens in safe mode. Avast then performs a full removal, leaving behind the uninstaller, registry keys and some files. Even if your antivirus stops working, you should complete the removal by deleting all remaining files.
Avast has largely been removed from the system, but some files remain. Users have complained that these files seem to support the work of antivirus programs. You can still see antivirus windows asking for updates. This bothers users who thought they had already uninstalled Avast Antivirus. How can I permanently delete all remaining antivirus files? We offer you some of the known methods to complete the removal of antivirus and pop-ups.
January 2021 Updated:
We now recommend that you use this tool to correct the error. The tool also corrects common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software you can quickly solve problems on your PC and prevent others from having problems:
- Step 1 : Download the PC Repair and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may cause PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
To disable Avast self-defense
To disable self-defense mode in Avast, go to hidden settings.
- Open the Avast interface and click on Menu at the top of the interface.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- A new settings window opens. Select General from the left navigation area and Troubleshooting from the submenu.
- Enable Tamper to disable tamper mode.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm. Press OK to confirm the change.
- At this point, tamper mode is disabled and you can close the Avast settings window and user interface.
Uninstall with the Avast Uninstall Utility.
- Download the Avast uninstaller configuration file and save it in a familiar place on your PC (by default, the downloaded files are saved in the Downloads folder).
- Right-click on the downloaded avastclear.exe installation file and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- When the User Account Control dialog box asks you to agree, click Yes.
- Click Yes when the Remove Avast Antivirus dialog box asks you to restart Windows in safe mode. Then click Yes again to immediately restart the computer in secure mode.
- When Windows restarts in safe mode, select the location of the Avast program files. The default installation location is automatically selected, so you do not need to make any further changes unless you have changed the default installation.
- Select Avast Free Antivirus from the drop-down menu. Then click on Delete.
- Wait until the Avast uninstaller has deleted all the files of the free Avast antivirus from your computer.
- Click the Restart Computer button to immediately restart the computer and complete the uninstallation.
Avast Free Antivirus is removed from your computer.
Uninstall Avast using the settings in Windows
For most users, the easiest way to remove Avast is to use the Windows settings menu and uninstall it like any other software. This should work for most users. If you’re having trouble completely uninstalling Avast, you may need to skip this section and try one of the alternative methods below.
- To do this, right-click on the Windows Start menu and select Settings from the Settings menu.
- In the Windows Settings window, click Applications > Applications and Features. A list of installed software is displayed. You can use the search bar or manually scroll down and select Avast Antivirus.
- After selecting an item, click Uninstall > Uninstall to remove Avast.
- This will make the Avast uninstaller work. Click on the Uninstall button to start uninstalling the software.
- For security reasons, Avast will ask you to confirm that you want to disable virus protection and start the uninstall. Press Yes to confirm.
- The Avast uninstaller will start uninstalling all Avast files from your computer. Then you need to restart your computer. Click Restart Computer to do this now, or click Restart Later to restart the computer manually.
- After the restart, your virus protection is reset to Windows security mode. If another antivirus program is installed, this protection takes over.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have a CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
how to uninstall avast free antivirus, how to uninstall avast windows 10, how to uninstall avast antivirus in windows 10 setup is already running, can’t uninstall avast, how to uninstall avast antivirus using command prompt, uninstall avast on mac, should i uninstall avast, uninstall avast cleanup