The Picture-in-Picture mode is a very useful tool that allows users to watch videos or live broadcasts while working with other applications or websites. PiP mode support is available for almost all popular web browsers, including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla. You can download a third-party extension to use PiP in these web browsers. However, if you use Safari on a Mac, the way to enable picture-in-picture mode is different. Learn how to watch YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode in Safari on the Mac.
Many video sharing platforms have a dedicated PiP mode option that you can simply click on to view the content in PiP mode. However, this is not the case for the famous video sharing platform YouTube. There’s a hidden trick that allows you to watch YouTube videos as picture-in-picture in the Safari web browser. One of the advantages of this method is that you don’t need to install any third-party extensions. You can easily watch your favorite YouTube videos while working on other applications.
Then let’s go downstairs.
To watch YouTube videos in PiP mode in Safari without theextension
As mentioned earlier, there are several steps to follow to watch YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode in Safari without using extensions. Before you start, make sure your web browser is updated to the latest version.
- First, open the Safari web browser on an Apple Mac running MacOS Mojave or later.
- Go to YouTube and find the video you want to watch.
- Now open the video you want to watch in picture-in-picture mode.
- Then right-click on the video window, the YouTube-specific video settings will be displayed.
- Then right-click on the YouTube video window again and a Safari pop-up menu will appear with three options: Display the controls, enter the full screen and enter the image in the image.
- You can simply press the Enter Picture in Picture button to view the video in PiP mode.
- The video is then displayed in a floating window that you can move around or enlarge or reduce as you like.
- Here’s how.
It is one of the easiest ways to watch a YouTube video in picture-in-picture in Safari on Mac.
To view YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode in Safari with extension.
If you want to keep things simple, you can use a third-party extension. There are many extensions in the App Store that allow you to watch videos from any video sharing platform in picture-in-picture mode. But for this article we will use the famous PiPifier extension. The extension is compatible with MacOS 10.12 or later and claims to work with almost all videos.
One of the best things about the PiPifier extension is that it’s available for free on the App Store. You can just download it from the App Store and turn it on.
You might also like this – how to install Safari Extensions on your Mac [tutorial].
Now open the desired video on YouTube or another video sharing platform. Then click on the PiP mode activation icon in the YouTube Control Panel. Here’s how.
If you have a question, please leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends on social media.
Other articles :
picture in picture youtube safari mac, youtube picture in picture ios 14, youtube picture-in-picture chrome, picture-in-picture mac netflix, safari picture in-picture extension, youtube mini player mac, youtube picture-in picture windows 10, youtube picture in picture ipad