In this article, we will cover some troubleshooting steps that will help you fix missing MSVCR120.dll errors in Windows 10.
How can I fix the missing msvcr120 DLL?
1. Use third-party repair software
If msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer, you may experience various difficulties, but you can fix them with special recovery tools.
DLLs and Registries are valuable data libraries that Windows uses to function properly.
As a result, damaged or missing DLLs or registry keys can be a major cause of crashes, lockups and error messages, and even prevent you from running Windows software and functionality in general.
Unfortunately, registries and DLLs are piles of data that are difficult for even advanced users to configure properly without advice or even help from Microsoft.
Moreover, restarting the Windows operating system is one of the few really effective solutions to correct these errors, but this solution has too many drawbacks.
To avoid all this, you can always turn to third-party automated solutions, and few are as good as Restoro. It automates almost every aspect of the PC repair process, from scanning to the actual repair.
Follow this short guide to find out how to restore your PC’s optimal performance with Restoro :
- Download and install Restoro
- Start Restoro
- Restoro is now collecting data about your PC.
- Wait until it finds issues with system stability and possible malware infections.
- Once the scan is complete, Restoro will show you an overview of the current status of your PC.
- Click on Start recovery.
- Restoro will now start downloading and replacing the damaged registries, DLLs and other corrupted files found during the scan.
- This is made possible by online libraries that are used for comparison and replace damaged data with their functional equivalent.
- Restart your PC for all changes to take effect.
Now your computer should be working fine and you won’t have to worry about slow response times, BSoD errors or anything like that.
Disclaimer : Some specific actions require this program to be updated from the free version.
2. Check system files
- Press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Click the Open as Administrator button for the command line.
- On the command line, type the following command and press Enter to run it.
- The verification process may take some time, so wait until it is 100% complete.
- If the system file check finds an error but cannot correct it, type the following command and press Enter:
sfc / check only
- Allow the process to unfold and wait for it to complete.
- If the error persists, run the following command and press Enter :
DISM / Online / Cleaning up the image / Restoring health
- Windows will download and replace corrupt system files to fix the problem.
In most cases, running System File Checker should help if MSVCR120.dll is not found in Windows 10.
3. MSVCR120.dll download fromDLL files
- Install the missing DLL file directly by loading it from the DLL files.
- Search for MSVCR120.dll and download the file.
Message: After you download the file, you need to move it to the directory of the problematic program.
- If the Glyph MSVCR120.dll file is missing, navigate to the following location :
C:Program Files (x86)Glyph
- Copy and paste MSVCR120.dll into the Glyph folder.
- Restart the program to see if the error is fixed.
⇒ Get MSVCR120.dll
If your computer is missing msvcr120.dll, the easiest way is to download it and add it to the correct location.
4. Reinstallation of Visual C++ distribution kits
- Visit the website for redistributable Visual C++ packages.
- Click on the Download button.
- Select vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe depending on the Windows edition you are using and click Next.
- Run the installation program and restart your computer.
After rebooting, try installing or running the program that caused the error to see if it fixes the error.
If msvcr120.dll was not found on Windows 10, you should be able to fix it by downloading and installing the missing Visual C++ redistributors.
5. Install all VC Redist packages
- Press the Windows + R key.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Right-click on the Visual C++ Redistributable Package and remove it.
Install these packages (depending on the Windows architecture)
For x64 (64 bit system)
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2005 64 bit + 32 bit
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable-package (x64 bit)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package (x64 bit)
Visual C++ Redistributable package for Visual Studio 2013 32+64 bit
Visual C++ Redistributable package for Visual Studio 2015
For x86 (32-bit system)
Microsoft Visual C++ 32-bit
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
Visual Studio 2013 32-bit
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
frequently asked questions
How do I fix the MSVCR120 DLL in Windows 10?
Repair: MSVCR120.dll missing in Windows 7, 8 and 10 …
How do I install the MSVCR120 DLL on Windows 10?
Best solutions to fix MSVCR120.dll missing in .
How to fix missing mfc100 DLLs in Windows 10?
How to fix mfc100.dll error in Windows 10 – Windows Report
msvcr120.dll download microsoft windows 10, msvcr120.dll download windows 10 64 bit, msvcr120.dll windows 10, msvcr120.dll missing sims 4, msvcr120.dll file location, msvcr120.dll windows 7, msvcr120.dll payday 2, msvcr120.dll missing wamp