Bloatware can slow down your device and consume batteries. Learn how to remove or uninstall pre-installed system applications from the Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Rootless Galaxy S10e. Yeah, you read it right. You do not need root to remove unwanted applications.
Samsung has come a long, long way in the area of software. We all remember the infamous blistering of Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface. From there we came to the OneUI, which is much better than previous Samsung skins, but could be even better. Samsung always insists on adding unnecessary and fancy features and applications to the user interface. These applications and features not only take up space on your device, but also reduce battery life.
Of course it is possible to disable any application. But that still doesn’t solve the space problem. In this guide, you’ll find a list of applications you can safely remove from the Galaxy S10 (Family), as well as a simple step-by-step guide to removing bloatware from the Galaxy S10.
List of applications you can safely remove from your Galaxy S10 (with package names)
There are tons of applications pre-installed on all Android devices, and they’re not all bloated. Some are required for basic operation of the device. It is therefore important to know which applications can be safely removed. Here is a list of safe applications to uninstall for the Galaxy S10. Many thanks to experienced XDA developer Neo3D for the list. Remember to read the return instructions in the next section:
Samsung Travel Card
Samsung Game Launcher
Samsung LED cover
If you want to delete a request other than those listed above, make sure you recognize the name of the package using the request below:
Once you have installed the above application, click on any application and you will see the name of the package appear. You can just click on the package name to copy it.
1. Click on the request
2. Click to copy the name of the package
How do I remove the Samsung Galaxy S10 bloatware?
- ADB installation : Download this zip file and unzip it to your computer: ADB installer. Double-click the installer and follow the on-screen instructions. The ADB is installed on your computer at the location shown below:
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone > Software Info and press and hold Build Number to unlock the development options. Just before the option is activated, you may be asked to enter your device’s password (if you have it enabled) and the option will be activated.
1. Continue by clicking on the building number
2. Developer unlocked.
- Now go back to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB debugging.
- Navigate to the folder where ADB is installed on your computer (probably C:adb if you followed the steps above) and open the Windows/PowerShell command window here. To do this, hold down the Shift key + right mouse button and select the Open command window here.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to the computer and press Yes to access your phone.
- In the PowerShell window, type the following command: Advertising devices
When you connect the device to your computer for the first time (with USB debugging enabled), you receive the Allow USB Debugging? prompt, as shown below. Select the Always allow in this computer check box and click OK.
- If the device is now properly connected, you should see your device ID in the PowerShell window as shown below:
- Then enter the following command: shell
- You can then enter the following command to remove any application from Galaxy S10:
pm uninstall -k –user 0
For example, to remove an application associated with Bixby, I would enter the following command.
pm delete -k –user 0 com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup
and the result looks like this with the success of the message:
- Let’s go!
You can perform the above procedure for any application you want to remove. This is the easiest way to remove pre-installed applications and cases from the Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e. To make sure the application is completely gone, you can go to Settings > Apps and search for the application and it should no longer be there!
remove bloatware android without root, remove samsung bloatware s20, list of samsung bloatware safe to remove, samsung galaxy s10 bloatware list, galaxy s10 debloater, remove mi apps without root, how to delete factory apps on android without rooting, how to delete system files on android without root